National Apprenticeship Week 2024 takes place from Monday 5th to Saturday 11th February, and includes events, webinars and activities aimed at showcasing the positive impact of apprenticeship on individuals, businesses, and the wider economy.
An apprenticeship is a work-based program that combines on-the-job experience with classroom-based learning. It is designed to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen career. The benefits are:
- Career Development: An apprenticeship provides individuals with the opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop skills in their chosen field. This can lead to better job prospects and increased earning potential.
- Hands-on Experience: An apprenticeship provides individuals with the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals, gaining practical experience in a real-world setting.
- Education and Qualifications: Apprenticeships provide individuals with the opportunity to earn a nationally recognised qualification while they work.
- Support: Apprenticeships are designed to provide individuals with support and guidance as they learn and grow in their careers. This can include regular training, mentorship and support from experienced professionals.
- Cost-effective training: Apprenticeships provide a cost-effective way for businesses to train a workforce, as the cost of training is shared between the employer and the government.
At The Studio 4 we have had many employees complete apprenticeships over the last five years, many of which have gone on to build successful careers and are still with us today!
Our latest apprentice is Jordan who is completing a level 4 in Digital Marketing. We asked Jordan a few questions about his apprenticeship experience so far:
Why did you choose an apprenticeship?
Jordan: I wanted to take on the next step of my education in digital marketing with the benefit of practising those skills in real life scenarios and the opportunity to jump start my career within marketing.
What part do you enjoy the most?
Jordan: I particularly enjoy looking at the business models of different clients and the wide range of marketing strategies that appear through different markets.
What are the main benefits of an apprenticeship?
Jordan: In my opinion, the main benefit of an apprenticeship is that it allows me to gain experience and develop skills on the job, which can help me practise and see the effectiveness of the work I’ve put in
What advice would you give to anyone that is thinking of doing an apprenticeship?
Jordan: My advice to anyone considering an apprenticeship is that it provides a great opportunity to learn and apply theory to practice. It’s a great way to gain hands-on experience and improves chances of developing a career within the industry once you graduate.
The apprenticeship week highlights the positive impact that apprenticeships have for college and university leavers. The UK government wants to encourage more people to consider an apprenticeship as a career path. If you are interested in starting an apprenticeship in digital marketing, web development or graphic design, The Studio 4 might be able to help!
You can contact email@example.com to find out more.